FASTag is the latest innovation in India has been making a buzz in recent times. While most of the people have just begun utilizing it, though many people still don’t have any thoughts regarding this radical new toll collection innovation. Our Road Transport and Highways Minister, Nitin Gadkari has declared that FASTags will get mandatory for all private and business vehicles with impact from December 1, 2019.
Let’s look into this FASTags in-depth to gain complete information.
What is FASTag?
FASTag is a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) innovation incorporated gadget utilized for making toll payments while passing through toll gates. The cash gets deducted directly from the prepaid account connected to it. It saves you from investing a lot of energy doing money exchanges. It is attached to the windscreen of your vehicle/car.
The FASTag program is being implemented by Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL) and National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) with help from Toll Plaza Concessionaires, Accredited Issuer Agencies and Toll Transaction Acquirer. The 22 selected banks are approved by the Toll Transaction Acquirer for FASTags.
What are the advantages of utilizing FASTag?
- Cash payment on toll plazas takes a bit of time and cross the other lines and follow the queue. When you are in a hurry, it will be difficult. Utilizing FASTag spares time and ensures a free stumble on Indian highways.
- The payment transaction happens in under a moment. In this way, it saves fuel, as your vehicle doesn’t stop for quite a while.
- Commuters remain notified of the considerable number of exchanges made through their FASTag accounts. They get SMS alarms on their enlisted portable numbers.
- Customers have the choice of online record revive through Credit Card/Debit Card/NEFT/RTGS or Net Banking mode. One can even purchase and energize FASTag on Amazon and Paytm.
- FASTag spares you from conveying money for your installments. Don’t need to stress over paying the careful change sum on fee collection counters.
- Customers can get to their installment through the FASTag online interface and FASTag App. they can have a thought regarding their absolute spending on cost courts, which will help further in their financial planning.
- Paying through FASTag offers customers will intermittent advantages like cashback offers, limited costs, etc.
- FASTag aides in checking air pollution and reduces paper utilization.
- FASTag gives simplicity of the board and investigation for better highway the executives.
How to purchase a FASTag?
Customers can visit any of the 22 certified banks through different Point of Sale (POS) areas at Toll Plazas or Issuer Agency to make a FASTag account. To find out about a similar contact the customer care number of the issuer organization. A few banks additionally have the arrangement for online stores to demand another record. FASTags available to be purchased are accessible on Amazon India and Paytm site just as on their applications.
How to energize a FASTag account?
- Your FASTag energize should be possible by making installment through check or Credit Card/Debit Card/NEFT/RTGS or Net Banking mode. FASTag record can be energized to a limit of Rs. 1,00,000.00.
- The FASTag recharge online system may contrast from one to another. Subsequently, it is prescribed to pursue the means endorsed by the individual giving organization on their site.
- If using FASTag gave by Paytm or Amazon or through the authority application, the revive procedure is a basic as crediting your wallet account.
What are the documents required for a FASTag?
Documents required for an Individual for giving a FASTag record can incorporate any of the accompanying as ID Proof and Address proof: Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card.
Customers are required to present the accompanying records along with the application for creating another record:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
- Passport size photo of the vehicle owner.
- KYC documents. The KYC records shift according to the class of vehicle i.e individual and corporate.
Instructions to Upload Your Car Documents In DigiLocker | RC, DL, Insurance, PUC.
- Only one document can be submitted as both ID and address proof.
- For Corporate vehicles, extra archives will be required that are referenced on the site of taking an interest bank or issuer Agency. The rundown may marginally contrast from one to another.
- Customers are required to convey their originals while visiting PoS for the acquisition of FASTag.